- My Experience in Learning PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)
A brief introduction to how I self-learned PCR and acquired a low-cost thermocycler.
- Current Legal Status of Psilocybin Therapy (as of September 2020)
Last Updated on September 17, 2020 I am of the […]
- EverymanBio YouTube Channel Launched!
I’m excited to announce that I have finally launched the EverymanBio Channel on YouTube.
- How Studying Fungi Can Help Navigate a World in Chaos
Some thoughts on how the study and cultivation of fungi can help improve our well-being during these trying times.
- A Brief Introduction to Thin Layer Chromatography from an Amateur Scientist
Let’s dive into the basics of thin-layer chromatography and how this useful tool can make meaningful connections to many other areas of science.
- Interview with Experienced Dutch Mushroom Grower and Researcher Jop Mens
I’m pleased to present a special post this week featuring an interview with Dutch mushroom grower and researcher, Jop Mens.
- Creating a DIY Mycology Lab Notebook
Learn how I created my first mycology lab notebook, what I track, and how I manage trade-offs with cloud-based solutions.
- My First diyBio Lab and Upcoming Improvements
View a photo tour of my first diyBio lab and preview my plans for renovating and launching a new and improved version.
- Bioluminescent Mushroom Grow (Update #1)
Here is the first of several updates to my experiment in growing a bioluminescent mushroom, including my challenges (and successes!) in capturing photos of the glow.
- An Experiment in Growing a Bioluminescent Mushroom
Follow me as I experiment with growing the bioluminescent mushroom Panellus stipticus (aka “The Bitter Oyster”) from my home lab.
- What Can We Learn About Microbiology From a Bag of Fertilizer
On this post, I will examine a common bag of Starter Fertilizer and explore the many opportunities to learn microbiology by examining its contents.